Sound effects?

I know this isn’t strictly a blender question, but I hope someone can help point me in the right direction.

I’m working on an animation at the moment, it should be around a minute long when finished. I’m fine with getting the video output done and will end up with a MOV at the end of the process.

Then I’ll need to add the sound effects. This is where I could do with some help.

I have Logic X Pro and Final Cut Pro, so I can do the sound in Logic and I believe stitch the two together in Final, although this will be the first time I’ve tried. Is this the right way to do things? I know Blender has it’s editor, but I’m more familiar with the others.

And this is the difficult bit, where do people get their sound effects? This is a simple space scene, I’ll need jet engine sounds and rumbles and clinks and clanks, all that kind of stuff.

I don’t have any Logic effect add-ons and I’ve searched the internet for sound effects, site after site after site and haven’t found anything of any great quality.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

1 Like

Sound Bible
Freesound.org

You’re not going to get much better than that without paying money. If you go that route you’re probably going to go with something like prosoundeffects.com.

Also, remember that there is no sound in outer space (no medium for it to travel through.)

Hello,

Does Blender have any sound effects that can be used?

Hello,

Does blender have any sound effects that can be used in video editing?