Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    The Lightwave forums have a "new flavor of the month" in terms of wondering where the heck LW Next is
    http://forums.newtek.com/showthread....htwave-3d-next

At this point, even some of the die-hard fans who have been faithful to the application are now looking to jump ship. Lightwave in general is getting very close to being terminal at this point and it will turn out Bugzilla was not crazy.

Most of the younger generation these days have no idea Newtek and Lightwave even exist (it goes to show just how little effort they made to market their upcoming version, if it comes at all now).
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

https://youtu.be/DiOX-D2B8LE?t=193 This is why we need Ton. Ton is willing to change Blender from ground up how many times is necessary. Forum user can be very hostile of change. But forums are needed for an active Blender community. Right now there is this nice balance of both that strengthen Blender everyday.
    I can only give suggestions, personal opinions and constructive critique, but it is your decision what you do with it.

There are rumors (take that for what it's worth) that NewTek is in negotiations to sell off Lightwave, which would explain the utter silence from them... NDA's and all that. I have no firsthand knowledge of this -- I'm just trolling the LW forums and this rumor keeps popping up.
    Quicksand has no sense of humor
    DeviantArt

Lightwave is pretty much dead. Unless they become a $100 modeling package with some nice rendering, I don't see anyone using them. They are pretty much starting over with a very small user base and will need to sell to Blackmagic Design to keep the program a live. If they do sell to BMD, the only way they can stay a live is to offer a free version and a $300 pro version similar to Fusion and Davinic Resolve. They will have to integreate into BMD eco system to work.
    Ambocc Studios
    www.ambocc.com

I'd be happy if lightwave ever made a comeback...I used it from 6.5 up to 9...plus trueSpace(yes, trueSpace) and blender 2.26...but people should just understand it is not really able to compete with packages today...it is behind in most aspects...I always liked LW though...it's kinda a shame....if only AD would go under ....I'm fine with their products...it's the executives that I would like to see hung.
    "The crows seem to be calling my name." Thought Kaw.
    Myrlea, "The Shepherd's Quest" formerly "Valiant" [project]

Originally Posted by thomascheng View Post
    If they do sell to BMD, the only way they can stay a live is to offer a free version and a $300 pro version similar to Fusion and Davinic Resolve. They will have to integreate into BMD eco system to work.
    I hear that Autodesk does not have a lower-end DCC program in its stable of apps. yet (ie. a sizable step up from 123D). With all the lack of information, this could very well be an easy buy for them in order to fill that slot (though the VFX capabilities might then be cut significantly).

Just speculation, but Newtek isn't giving anything for their users to work off of.
    Sweet Dragon dreams, lovely Dragon kisses, gorgeous Dragon hugs. How sweet would life be to romp with Dragons, teasing you with their fire and you being in their games, perhaps they can even turn you into one as well.
    Adventures in Cycles; My official sketchbook

If AutoDesk buy them, I'm pretty sure it is just to officially kill it off or prevent a competitor from getting it. Similar to Softimage. I think BMD would make the most sense or maybe Adobe? Adobe can't get C4D, so maybe LW.

BTW, AD already has Maya LT for the low end.
    Last edited by thomascheng; 17-Nov-17 at 19:04.
    Ambocc Studios
    www.ambocc.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345