Majora's Mask displacements

Having recently seen the behind the scenes for “Majora’s Mask: Terrible Fate”, I was absolutely fascinated by how they did the mask and how beautiful the displacement on it looked. So I thought as a fun little experiment, I’d try it myself. It’s nothing really too fancy or impressive, just a fun little goof I decided to try out.

Lemme know what you think! I’m always open to suggestions and feedback!

Looks good, but in the Terrible Fate film, it is more smooth and like it has been sanded. Yours looks very good, but looks like it was just carved out of some rough kind of wood. Still looks really awesome though. I’m a huge fan of Legend of Zelda.

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks it looks at least “okay!” When contrasting my mask to the one used in Terrible Fate, there are actually pretty major differences- On theirs, details like the white lines are extruded out slightly, and I believe a majority of the displacement cracks and such were manually drawn onto the displacement texture, whereas mine is mostly flat and the displacement is completely procedural. I guess the overall goal was to get a fitting look for the mask, which I think I did pretty well. Thanks for your thoughts though! Means a lot!

if you’re going for a procedural texture, I think it’s a bit too simple. I’d try using the ambient occlusion node to mask the bump map a bit.