Part time mentor needed

Hey there,

I have a 3D graphics project that I’m doing myself out of pocket and I’m new to Blender so I really need someone to mentor me and help me get through the details of implementing my vision while also learning Blender. I’ve got to get this project done, but I find that self-paced learning isn’t really going fast enough for me, and I need help accelerating my implementation in Blender.

This is volunteer work and my time is also limited so I don’t need a lot of your time, perhaps 1-4 hours per week.

Expectations are: Just be a friend, connect with me on Skype, for screen-sharing, in the evenings (Central Standard Timezone), after about 4pm just a few nights a week Mon-Thur (not every night!) Within this time frame I can be flexible to your needs and schedule as well. You can help me with learning Blender and getting my scenes setup, materials, physics, lighting, etc…and I can mentor you for your needs and interests. I’m looking for a colleague where we can talk as equals and have a mutual atmosphere of respect and learning.

In exchange I can also give mentoring in a lot of different areas! From Agile software development techniques, Lean Six Sigma applied to self advancement, Health & Wellness, Software Engineering Design Patterns and Algorithms, AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max, Solid Edge, Construction & Renovation Planning and Implementation, Gardening & Organic living, DIY Home based recycling programs, 3D Printing, DIY home based digital manufacturing, DIY hardware & DIY electronics, wood working, metal working, etc…

Please PM me for details if your interested or reply to this thread if you are interested but have additional questions.

About the project:
The name of my project is called KalabawCNC and it is an open source hybrid 3D Printing & CNC machining platform that should be able to 3D print all amorphous metals using a single print head and no lasers, powders, high voltage, plasma, electron beams or anything expensive or fancy. The deposition process would be FDM - Fused Deposition Modeling, which is the same as existing plastic printers. The melt process will remain under NDA protection until the Beta team release at which point the whole project will become open source and free. The cost of such a machine will be less then $10,000 USD. If you help me with this project and you are interested in building such a machine for yourself then you might get invited to the Alpha testing team where you would have a clone of the prototype machine for yourself and help our community refine and work out the bugs for different kinds of metals.

EDIT: Current metal 3d printers typically cost about $250,000 USD!..just for comparison.

The video I’m producing will be dedicated to the former chair of the department of videography at Alabama A&M University who was a close friend of mine and passed away just recently! He was going to help me produce this video, but since his passing, I am going to self-produce.