upbge 0.1.4 release no functioning engine

yup, i tried to dl the new release of upbge and tried to play one of my many files and it wont play any of them. Then i though it was my files so i try playing the engine in the startup file and still the same…

:stuck_out_tongue: not very cool… HELP!!

This wrong place to ask about that.Ask here. https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?387752-A-new-fork-of-the-engine/page46

You have to change what i circled to the bge.

I downloaded upbge 0.1.4 a few days ago, and I had trouble playing an existing game as well. Do other .blend games usually work fine in upbge? I’ve never used it before.

post 910 from that upbge thread works, just downloaded it.
Never had problems with any of my blends, the only thing is if you use active_events you need to use activeInputs instead (python)

However i must say 0.1.2 runs smoother, my game runs almost as choppy in 0.1.4 as in bge while 0.1.2 runs smooth.

haha… so funny… of course i did that lol, thankyou for trying to help in any case…

I always you upbge and until now I’ve had np playing any projects. that is though if you save in upbge you get some nastiness out of reg bge if you try to reopen those files in after saving/edits in upbge…

PS this sucks I really wanted to keep up to date and the latest update the game engine just doesn’t function just locks up blender :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had similar problems updating to 2.78a.
None of my projects work properly now and I’m not sure why. Nothing major has changed I thought…

I use 2.77 and upbge 0.1.0 because it’s what I pinned.

=)

They work great for me,

I think 0.1.3 worked good too (drawcall batching after normal map artifacts fix)

0.1.4 works almost fine with this file except the random.uniform. Try a video driver update first. Problem is , it’s generating random numbers in the console but it’s not applying those random numbers to the object.worldPosition.

Attachments

Flocking 001.blend (94.5 KB)

Pls file a bug report link; https://github.com/UPBGE/blender/issues
Also test upbge 012 and see if it works, then 013. If it stops working in 013, but works in 012, then we can see what could do. I could try to build with different commits between 012-013 in irder to find the bad commit so to say.

@hanzo: We fixed the compilation errors on MSVC 2013: UPBGE 0.1.4 Windows 32 bits MSVC 2013: new builds on upbge topic. Will be uploaded soon on upbge website. I hope this will fix the issue, this time.

It works now, mind you when I first open file it crash upbge totally but 3rd time worked fine and have no more problems.

I’m having the same issue I think, as versions 1.3 to 1.4b just freeze when I start the game engine. Version UPBGEv0.1.0b2.78Windows64Fixed - works just fine though.

As written above … upbge issues go to the github issue tracker rather to the bge support forum.

Sorry to disturb: The upbge 0.1.4 builds for windows are here: https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?387752-A-new-fork-of-the-engine&p=3150452&viewfull=1#post3150452 . Not on upbge website (we forgot to replace wrong builds with these ones on the website).