Basic Multiplayer Tutorial (Credits to Goran)(No longer exists)

I learned a lot from Goran tonight with UDPs.

There’s many ways you can go about networking, but I find that he just made a new level for me that I can make it seem high-level, but really it’s just a bunch of tricks.

This network draws everything on the server once the client sends its first message, it spawns the client. After the client draws itself on the server it echoes and draws the clients after data is received (for all clients connected).

Here, have fun.

Download below:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/n6292o

Link is broken

Sorry. Just came on after awhile now checking my social medias and stumbled upon the link being broken. Sighh. Anyways, uploaded it on a new site. Link is now fixed!

Added chatting and rotation to the script! You are welcome, and I hope you enjoy this little update to the script. I hope to see some cool things made with it. Would love to see more networking games in Blender and maybe it will encourage others to use it. <3

tyvm im still confused but maybe 1 day i will understand what im doing + - +

Hi, thanks for sharing :slight_smile: I implemented this in my racing game, but I’m having trouble sending the worldOrientation of my cars to my clients, the cars wont rotate on the client… Any chance you can help me with this?

Sounds very weird. Are you get any errors on the server’s part? It could also be in the avatar script. Are you sure the avatar script in the server side is linked to the keys you want? Give me a little more of an example please. If you must PM me your blend and I can help you.

how u use this file exactly? or maybe i need go away and come back after learnign python lol might be better.

Definitely learn python first before trying it. You’ll also need basic understanding on networking.

Hey, for anyone who download this. Do you still have the files with you?
I need someone to reupload the files so that I can fix the broken link as I don’t have these files anymore.