Could I get some feedback on my project?

Good day to you all! (I’m new here)

I’m gonna keep it simple and short. I’m quite new to Blender and I just finished my first project.
I would like to get some feedback so I could improve and change my mistakes I might have made.
So please give me some feedback or just tell me what you think I will appreciate it.

Project# (Low-Poly)

• Character (Missing a rigged face)

• Basic scene (Just to get some ideas)

• Finished work (Any tips how I could improve the lighting?)

This is my first project ever so what do you think? What would you change?

Looks actually pretty good to me - much better than my first project.

Unfortunately, I can’t give the best feedback, hopefully someone else chimes in.

Moved from “Misc: > Off-topic Chat” to “Artwork > Works in Progress”. If you’d prefer the thread to be in Finished Work or Focused Critique, please let me know.

Yes, I would like that. I’m new here so I did not know where I should post it.

Yes, that would be nice. I had no idea where I should post it begause im quite new around this forums.

Moved to Focused Critique at OP request

you should move the background image down a little bit because it looks like your plane is floating in the air (If you catch my drift). Make it to where you see the moon and the stars just not the clouds. If you want to get real crazy with it I would make those stars and clouds instead of using a background image to make it look low poly like the rest of the project. Other than that this is REALLY good for your first time man. My first project was a companion cube from “Portal”. Just keep grinding man hope to see you more on the forums :slight_smile:

It’s a great start. The three major adjustments I think you need to make are:

1. Platform colour - it is too dark, you can barely see the three little people, everything blends together. You want each component (people teepees, axe handle, whatever) to stand out. i would go with gray or perhaps a mid range blue that goes with the clouds

2. Lighting - I see a really bright moon, and yet no affect on the campsite. No shadows, no colour, etc.

3. I don’t see a story. Each great picture tells a story.

I hope this helps