Is it just me

I have a project that I originally built in C4D, and imported to Blender when I first started using it regularly for texture and lighting practice.

Then I rebuilt it from scratch, for the modelling experience.

Twice, I’ve posted in finished projects with, if not the same scene, the same concept rebuilt.

BUT, I just can’t leave the damned thing alone, and I’m back on it again, having learned more stuff. I put what I’ve learned into practice, forever trying to improve on the previous.

Including the C4D days, I reckone I’m five years into this, now, and still working on improving it.

An I the only one with a “go to” scene to improve whenever I learn or discover new stuff?

For info, it’s an interior, so there’s always room for improvement. Finally getting my head around portals and light/glossy clamping now, and my tests are blowing my mind (though I’m sure many will think, “Hmm, it’s OK” :eyebrowlift2:).

EDIT: You know, I may just start a never ending “Lounge” thread and dump the finished projects with it.

You could probably come up with a more descriptive title than that for this thread. This one feels very vague and clickbaity.

On topic, yeah there are moments when I pour my blood, sweat, and tears into a damn thing only to come back after a while and be unsatisfied and want to start all over again or make a bunch of changes. It can be frustrating when you’re being pulled back into a project when you have like ten other ones you want to get started on. However, it’s a good sign as it means that you are constantly finding ways to improve yourself and grow as an artist instead of deciding that you’ve done all you can and just move on.

I’m the same - always try to apply what I learned to my past works.

I think it’s actually a good thing, that way you don’t have to re-create something - instead you’re actually being more efficient in getting better.

practice the thing which learned first, or learn through practical you will never forget if you do good practice.