Blender in the games pipeline tutorials:

Is anyone interested in Blender to Ue4 and Unity videos?

Things like:

• Hard surface workflows,
  • Managing hard edges for baking,
  • PBR texturing,
  • Powerful modifier stacks for modelling,
  • Retopo,

Hey guys,

I have been thinking about making tutorials for beginners and more advanced users who are interested.

I’m a long time blender user (8 years) and about four years ago I decided to take my interests from rendering and animation to a games workflow making 3D assets that will present well in games engines using the cheapest/best software I could find. (Blender, Substance painter, Quixel, Zbrush.)

Examples of work:
Old (around 1-2 years old): https://www.artstation.com/artwork/drGeJ

And newer work: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/X4Z9n (More to come)
(Since I’ve had time and experience to get better, now I’m confident I can reach this quality and better for now on.)

I’d be interested to know if people would like something like this…

Quality in-deph tutorials are always welcome. People will appreciate that. You also promote blender in a good way.
What we don’t need are new super-beginner tutorials, there are plenty and anyone who can use internet can easily find them.

Blender to UE4 pipeline series would be awesome!

I’ve seen ur profile and a modular maze series would be nice

Thanks, that makes sense.
My workflows are not for beginners, but are the simplest/most efficient ways I could find to get the results I can (with Blender).
This includes complex non destructive modifier stacks and such.
But hopefully I can explain things well enough that even novices can understand and follow along as soon as they’ve learned simple poly modelling and key bindings.

Thanks for the input guys!
Ive splashed out for decent audio equipment and will be setting up a channel soon dedicated to games design workflows.
I’ll update the thread when things are setup.
Might want to give me a week or two to sort the hardware and graphics and get things presentable.

I suggest to post them at the according target forums. UE4 and Unity tutorials are not really of interest for BGE users.

Okay, Sorry it took so long I’ve been wrapping up a project at work which is a week behind schedule.
So I’ll start work on the first tutorial videos this weekend and post a link to see what you guys think.
My goal is not to just show how to go from point A to point B, but to explain why I use these methods and how they best fit in a games pipeline.
Thanks for your patience. :slight_smile: