Getting started with VSE

I am liking a lot about what VSE can do but there are a couple things I am running into.

1. Is there anyway to be able to “scrub” through using the Left Mouse Button when I have set them to be reversed in User Preferences?
  2. Is there anyway to make the Space bar act as a play / pause rather than Alt + a?
  3. Is there anyway I can cut a part of an image sequence and basically make just that frame longer. I know I can cut a movie or image sequence and make the movie longer but I only want to do 1 frame. I know I can bring that frame in specifically as new layer but there has to be a way to take a current frame and then convert it to a single image to use on a different layer or on the same layer but make it longer. I am working on some 2d animation and there are times where I need to a frame to be completely still for around a whole second.

Thanks

1. Is there anyway to be able to “scrub” through using the Left Mouse Button when I have set them to be reversed in User Preferences?
    No, I belive this is based on the LMB/RMB selection option
  1. Is there anyway to make the Space bar act as a play / pause rather than Alt + a?
    In user preferences / Input change the Play Animation command to spacebar. Note that you will have to change any other shortcuts that conflict with this
  1. Is there anyway I can cut a part of an image sequence and basically make just that frame longer
    Make a hard cut at that frame and then extend the end of the clip or just cut and insert the frame as an image

Thanks so much for the quick reply. It’s still not working though. When I hard cut and then extend the end it just extends the movie from the Image Sequence. I can copy the frame but I dont know how to paste special it in as an image. Thanks

Hard cut is Shift K or use the value in the strip properties panel. Spacebar thing is quite fiddly to change as it is a global operator for search in Blender.

Using the value in the properties panel worked. I can just make a cut bring that piece up to a new layer and then do a hard cut. After that I just adjust the length in the properties panel and works great. I know the space bar thing is super fiddly. I may just write an autohotkey script for a few of these. I’m good to go for now. Thanks so much for you help. I love this forum.

Heres the Bstack question, your success may vary