Art Director in a Tower Defence Mobile Game Needed

Hi there,

My ex-colleague (Aleks) and I (Mike) have started a pet-project: we want to make a tower defence game. He’s good at programming, I’m good at business development. We need someone who’s good at design. You’ll have to

• create concepts (the game is based on 4 elements: earth, fire, water, air);
  • create battle screens, loading screens, in-game items;
  • create and animate towers, creeps, bosses and heroes.

To make it clear: we’re in our early 30s, we work full-time, Aleks has never programmed in Unity, and I have never managed game projects. But we want to give it a try. We will make it happen, even if it will become an expectation vs reality meme.

What we have at the moment is 10% ready design document and a game omega version (see the video below. It allows for placing towers, buying them for gold, and has basic creeps - it’s not as easy as it looks! Written on C#).

We understand, that the amount of work is big (if not to say huge). Still, we don’t pay for it. We can discuss the compensation in terms of:

• a share of (potential) profits earned;
  • a Co-Founder status and a share in the studio (5% for the first year, 10% for the second, 15% for the third, e.g.)
    or consider any idea you have.

Non-financial bonuses;

• you can boast you’re an Art Director in Solo Mid Studios, LLC (Moscow, Russia);
  • you can boast you’re into developing a real indie game with a potentian revenues of billions and billions of USD;
  • you can enrich your portfolio and get some (more) experience in game development.

Also, if you come to Moscow one day, you’ll have a place to stay and a company to have a drink with.
We two are wholly enjoing these points at the moment :slight_smile:

Message me for questions:
[email protected]

All the best,
Mikhail Gachegov.