Missing items report in linked rig

Hi all,

I’ve created a walk cycle using a linked ‘robot’ rig. I don’t know what i’ve done but after doing some editing on the original file, the walk cycle file is now giving me a report warning me of missing objects/groups etc. and the dope sheet key frames are not showing. If anyone could explain and help untangle this ball of wool, it would be much appreciated. I’ve tried to work it out myself but after an intense week of newbie rig and animation learning, my brain’s RAM is fried!!! Many thanks in anticipation.Borg8.blend (2.57 MB)Walk cycle 4.blend (734 KB)

Well, you changed the name of the group of the robot and linked it various times. Or something similar. Any way, you can safely erase the non existing groups in the “Walk cycle 4.blend” file (Arm, BorRig, Group.001, Group.002, Group.003). Also you hid the proxy with the animation, so it doesn’t show. Once it’s unhidden you will see the animation in the dopesheet.

Also, maybe you hid the armature following some tutorial. This is necessary but in the Borg8.blend file, so you won’t see it repeated in the animation file.

good luck!

Thanks very much for your reply, Cecliff. I’ll try and get my fried head around that. if you don’t mind, i may have to fire some further questions back at you on this subject. Many thanks once again.:eyebrowlift:

Sure! I’ll help you if I can :slight_smile:

Thanks Cecliff, i’ll try to work it out for myself first and give you shout if I struggle. Cheers

Hi Cecliff, would you be able to shed any light on this problem. Tried to solve but no joy. Thanks