better 3d default shading in viewport

Just for comparison, i upload viewport from modo and blender. It will be great if blender to have better viewport default/standard shading.

modo:

blender :

is there any setting so the wire will adapt in dark area ? at some angle the wire become invisible because it’s the same color with the shaded area. This is because the wire shading can not compensate that dark area (except when using 100% black wire). As comparison, in modo viewport, the wire will adapt and also become darker when on the left side of the cube, so looks clean and nice.

as you can see the image above, the top of wire became stepped, is there any setting to soften this ?

I think the best you can do is to either change the default color of the wires, or change the colors of your objects while working on them. I’ve never had this problem so I can’t think of anything else.

For your stepped lines. Increase the samplecount in user settings > system > Oversampling

Try playing with the the Solid Open GL Lights on the System tab in the User Preferences window (File Menu / User Preferences or Ctrl+Alt+U)

On your stepped wire, not sure if this is your issue ,but I noticed if you have ambient occlusion checked it will make your wire stepped.