Blender id addon for what?

Hi there!
Today updated blender to version 2.78 b and lost all my setup and also the theme that I so carefully set up at the time. As I understand the addon "Blender id needs “something” sync, but for some reason it seems completely useless. Ie in the previous version I installed them, drove my id data and everything is OK, it is shown that “all synced with a Bang”, but in the next version(actually today) I did the same movements, and also thought that everything is synchronized, but the blender was still in default theme, all my hotkeys were gone to nowhere, ie all lost KARL!!!
I’m sitting on osx and tried to save manually the config file for future such shenanigans, but mine is for osx systems do not provide, Google was not able to help with this issue(how to save manually config file settings). Can someone help me how can I save all settings though, the addon should not count as I understand it. Also I tried to save a blank blend file, I read somewhere that it can be used to restore all settings, but it just opens a standard window of blender.
What do you say friends, may have some sort of documentation as a whole thing to overcome on osx system?
Thank you for your attention.
//and I apologize for being too snotty in my tone//

Config locations https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/getting_started/installing/configuration/directories.html

When you first started 2.78 did you use the option on the splash screen to copy your previous settings. If not delete your config files and try again

Thank mate!

Unfortunately this method does not work when appear splash screen, there were no offers to copy the config and I deleted it.
Thank you for this(documentation).
And what about the blender id, it is generally what you need to use?

as far as i know, the blender id is for syncing with the blender cloud. if you are not a subscriber, you don’t really need it.