Standalone not working for non-Blender users

Hey all,

I have tried to get feedback from a non-blender user on my Ecclesia demo, but he can’t seem to open it.
Is there something I’m missing with regards to my Standalone player? Cause I don’t want to have to send people Blender 2.72 as an installation for them as well.

-Thanks

no idea i have the same problem when exporting to exe.

the non blender user (even after installing and using blender) it wont work.
it opens, all is black, and hud is shown, but can not move or see anything beside the hud.
(textures are located in the same directory etc)

Are all the dlls present and the version directory exists?

Nah man everything seems to be okay on your standalone Demo…

Fred/K.S

I have tried to get feedback from a non-blender user on my Ecclesia demo, but he can’t seem to open it.

The issue could be on his side try and find out what’s the problem on his side probably a missing exe file or probably a missing dll file i don’t know iam assuming or it could be the python files…

Fred/K.S

but he can’t seem to open it.

What is the error?
In order for blenderplayer to work, your friends must install .NET 4 and Microsoft C++ redistributable 2005+

Sorry it took so long to respond to this, but this is the error message he got.

Yeah. The OpenColorIO.dll is missing. Just get a new one from the Blender directory.

Do I have to send it to him? What can be done to rectify it?

Just make a new build and make sure that the dll is present in the build. Or you could just send it to him.

The thing is, I can see it in his screenshot, so I don’t know if sending him the dll would fix it.

I think what the window says is what he must do. Try reinstalling Blender 2.72 or try to install Blender 2.78

He’s gotta extract the zip file. Can confirm.