Browse through reference images in Blender

Say, I have 10 reference images of various angles of an object. (Non-orthographic). I can open one or more in the UV/Image editor to keep at hand while modeling, but it’d be nice to be able to browse through them by pressing (Alt/Ctrl/Shift/Whatever +) left/right rather than manually having to select the other image using the mouse.

I’d use it because in a single picture the location of a component might be difficult to see (in 2D), but switching between images can give you a bit more a 3d feeling.

Is there a way to do this, or should I split my screen or just use Windows photo viewer? :confused:

Hi

You can use the Render viewer too do that…The viewer can hold 10 render…J - to flip through pictures.

But it only go forward.

Drag a picture into viewport…Use the opengl render image…It’s now in slot 1 - Change to slot to 2…In render viwer.

Drag next picture into viewport…repeat…with all Your picture…When al picture are in…You use J to flip through them.

Not sure how useful it will be…But it can be done…:slight_smile:

Tai

Slightly cumbersome, not sure whether it ultimately beats having a photo viewer open, but thanks for answering nonetheless! :slight_smile: