Terror From the Abyss

Here’s my latest painting…:

1 Like

Here’s another one that I just finished a couple days ago…

I like the Terror one quite a bit. It would fit if it was out at see with a nice 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea style Nautilis submarine in the tentacles as well!

Very cool. I like them both and especially the second one is an image one could get lost in! This is a complete novel compressed in one image.

Thanks, on the second one I’m trying to capture that moment between sleeping and waking, when things seem kind of randomly juxtaposed yet seem to make sense some how.

All I can say about your last one is - watch out Modron, your going down
the slippery slide of surrealism…hahaha. I like it :slight_smile:

Shining thoughts of a free-floating brain on the twilighted border between sleeping and waking :slight_smile: Great idea to invert the colors and make it white on black. This matches the topic nicely.

I feel that it is more on the side to wakening, because the items in the image are arranged orderly. That gives the impression of structured thinking. The lines, which divide it into thirds and the numbers do strengthen this impression. And this is why I first read it as a kind of construction plan. On the sleepy side it would be a more chaotic arrangement, perhaps.

Again: good job.

Thanks, and yeah, I would agree with that assessment. I did this other one that is staggered similarly, but without the lines and arrows. I think the next one will be more complex and more on the dreamy side. I chose the chalkboard feel because that’s kind of how I see things a lot of the time while in that zone. Also chalkboards, or panels that are drawn on with colored chalk seem to be a recurring thing in my dreams.

Some more weirdness, falling into the surreal vein…