Do you have to bake?

Hey guys

hope you don’t think it’s a stupid question but before I render an animation, do I HAVE to bake?
I know what baking is, but because I have a lot of objects in my scene, does this mean I will have to bake everything?
i have done quite a few renders now in cycles, both still and animated but I have never delved into baking territory, so is it essential to learn? Just seems a lot more work or is there an easier way?
do any of you guys render without baking?

is it really more complicated things like fliud, particles, cloth etc I should be baking? more standard models can be left alone?

simulations have to be baked. but for cycles rendering, no texture baking is needed. baking textures is mainly for realtime, like games. the reduction in quality isnt worth the speed usually when rendering.

thank you so much! i am glad as seems a lot more work i have to do. the animations so far have looked great without baking so thank you for that!

Hi Guys,

Ok i’m having almost the same issue here and I don’t know how to go about it. I’m new to blender and I created a double Helix in a spot. I used a path curve to simulate the movement of the helix, by moving the path curve through the Helix mesh.

What I want to achieve is, exporting the animation to unity using the curve to drive the animation. Does anyone have the right approach for this. I already tried baking but it didn’t work.

Thanks!