where is the switch node in the node editor

I attach video example of the switch node from other app. Where is the node similar to this one ? i can’t use math node and use the logic ‘less than’ or ‘greater than’ but works well only for couple nodes. If i have many input nodes to be switched than that become a bad option.

Can’t view the video at the moment but the only ‘switch’ node is for compositing nodes under the layout nodes

@Richard : actually not for compositing, but for material nodes. seems there’s no switch node in material nodes editor. Also in compositing, the switch node only have 2 inputs . i’m expecting the switch with multiple input.

MixRGB and MixShader
But they have just two inputs, so you need to use nested nodes to use more inputs.

For a single node with multiple inputs, there’s none… thought it wouldn’t be difficult to create one in python.

Thanks a lot for the information. It will be great if Blender has switch with multiple input. It should be a simple function node to select which input should be piped into the output port. The purpose of this Node, i want to be able to make an option to the user to be selected. For example in Blender, inside the material node editor. I want to make a material which contains 3 big groups(tree). Let say it’s a chrome material. Group 1 contain simple shader to produce simple basic chrome. The 2nd group contain more complex nodes structure to create more complex chrome shader. The 3rd group contain even more complex to create procedural and complex chrome.

So i hope i can then connect these 3 groups into a single switch node, then expose the switch node parameter to the user. So the user only need to drag parameter between 1,2 or 3 to select which shader tree they want to use . In other words, my chrome shader has 3 modes : basic, complex, advanced.

For 3 mode , i can use nesting method (neste couple of nodes to simulate a switch node). But for a lot of modes, it can be complicated using nesting.

Thanks.

Are you sure this is a practical setup?

Say, the user has two objects in his scene and wants to use the simple chrome on one of them and the advanced chrome on the other. Having all node trees in one material with a switch would mean that switching the node tree on one object flips the switch on every object that has the same material applied as well.

Sure, you can make a single user copy of the material, but will the user remember to do so? Giving the user a file with three different materials (basic, complex, advanced) to begin with is much less prone to user error, imho.