Can't add modifier to an Empty.

Why wouldn’t I be able to add a modifier to an empty?

I want to add noise to a Y Rotation, it’s keyed ok but when I click the Modifiers tab there are no controls to add anything. The f-curve and view data is there, but no modifier.

Thanks.

You can add f-curve modifiers to empties just as other objects. Just select the animation channel you want to add the modifier to

You also can just simply add a Regular object (plane, cube, whatever) … then go into edit mode and delete all the vertices except one… you now have an Empty that has all Object capabilities…

Don’t forget you will have to adjust that last remaining vertex to align with the Object Origin…

Then I have no idea why the modifier properties were not visible in this instance, although I’m having some other very strange behaviour in this project, all started when I added the particles.

I hadn’t thought of using a standard object, I guess I could use anything I like and just hide it from the camera, I like this approach.

I guess I could use anything I like and just hide it from the camera, I like this approach.

yes that works too… LOL!

“The best place to hide something, is where you can see it” Sherlock Holmes

Sorry these post were intended for another thread my bad…

Sorry these post were intended for another thread my bad…

Nice sculptures, but I’m not seeing what these have to do with empty modifiers?

Sorry those post were intended for another thread my bad…