Change Input for Set Cursor

Hey Guys,

im really new to blender and i love it already. I come from c4d and use a custom setup, which uses left mouse for selecting objects. Now i want to use the left mouse to select all keyframes and handles in my grapheditor/dopesheet/NLA editor.

Everything works well in the grapheditor, because there is an attribute called “Set Cursor” the RNA is: “GRAPH_OT_cursor” so i can scrubb the time (Frameposition) with the right mouse button
and can select single keyframes with my left mouse.

Problem is, i dont have any coding skills and have no idea how to add this input attribute to the NLA and the dopesheet.

Thanks for your help

Cheers Daniel

I’m not sure I understand why you want to code this. Isn’t the Left Click Select option in the User Preferences good enough ? With this you can scrub with RMB and select with LMB in both the NLA Editor and the Dopesheet.

As ChameleonScales said, you can change this in options.

However, I’d strongly encourage you not to. I came to blender after studying 3ds Max throughout college and using XSI for years before that. Like many new to Blender, I thought it’s non standard approach was just odd.

Then I read a paper explaining the reason behind it and suddenly it seemed odd that every other piece of software isn’t copying Blender.

I couldn’t find that article, but this video does a good job of explaining the benefits in both the 3D view and in the timeline:

It is weird it at first, but it IS more efficient. For what it’s worth. :slight_smile: