Yet Another Starship Command Deck (YASSCD)

Hey all,

Hopefully everyone is doing well. Here is the latest project, a command deck for a medium sized spaceship.

ArtStation Link (More Images):
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/GJJBV

Modelled in Blender 2.77/8 and textured in Substance Painter 2. Rendered in Cycles on an nVidia GTX 1070 (only thing that could handle the number of textures on this silly thing).

Hopefully everyone likes it. :slight_smile:

Dan

Your work is really cool, and make me think about StarCitizen project. Do you want to use your ships in a game ?

It looks great! I like your style. :slight_smile:
I have a small idea. Every computer on your ship, displays the same image. Maybe you could make more images of the computer screens and assign them to different systems of the ship. For example the image of the screen of the computer responsible for the life support systems, could be different than image of the screen of the computer responsible for navigation, cargo bay etc.

@PawelBrzu: Thanks! Yeah, I only have one video file currently for screens. I need to expand my library of those things. :frowning:

@jul1o: I’m a backer of SC, and play the Alpha a lot, so it’s likely all that time sitting there in that world has probably affected my designs a little. It’d be impossible to avoid it. As for putting my ships in a game, I’m not very good at low-poly stuff, to be honest. Real time gaming requires a lot of optimization that I don’t really like going into. But it seems like I’ll have no choice, soon, if this VR thing takes off.

Dan

Yes this is “Yet Another Starship Command Deck” but this is something we don’t really see a lot here and yours is really really cool !!

@Thomas Gely: Thanks. I’m glad you like it :slight_smile: