Cell Fracture using Grease Pencil. Is it broken?

Its been a while but I can’t seen to get grease pencil to work with the cell fracture addon. Is it broken or is there a secret I need to know to make it work?

EDIT: Yes Grease Pencil is the source, Ive played around with scale and I’ve tried both Scene and Object in grease pencil settings. Im drawing on the surface of a simple cube tile shape. I’ve applied scale to it as well. I still just breaks it into 4 pieces no matter what I draw. I know I could use particle system as the source, which I will probably end up doing, but i miss using Grease Pencil for this.

Did you assign the grease pencil to the scene or to the object. It needs to be applied to the object for it to work with the cell fracture. Supply and example that does not work etc

Blender 2.78b example

Oh yes. At the time I did make sure it was applied to object. Will try again. Maybe it was a fluke. …actually it happened to me many times and ive change settings trying to get it working with no avail.

EDIT: And its working now. Maybe that’s all it was. I’m confused now though because I am certain I tried object because that makes the most sense.

Even more confusing is now it still worked even if its set to scene.

Ah well. Important thing is now its working for me.

P.S: omg i just saw that I made a post before (dif version of Blender) about this same exact thing and got the same exact answer and confirmed that it worked. IM CRAZY!