Help with mocap tennis player - almost there

Hi,
I’ve attached a blend that includes;
A character and rig imported from makehuman in mhx form
A bvh tennis player rig with animation
A retargeted set-up

The only problem I have is with the compatibility between the bvh and makehuman. Specifically the hips. No matter what I do the skin is squashed around the hips. The animation works smoothly and I just need some tips. Am I using the wrong armature (mocap) in makehuman?

Thanks,
Ian

Hi, I solved this by deciding to use the armature automatically created upon importing a bvh as the rig for my make human mesh.

• I exported a T posed mesh without a rig from Make Human
  • I added a T Pose to the bvh information in bvh hacker
  • I imported the bvh information into blender which created the armature I was going to use with my MH mesh
  • I deleted all keyframes in the bvh file except for the T Pose
  • I adjusted the armature to match my MH mesh which was also in a T pose - skinned it. it was quick
  • Then I just went through the normal advanced targeting process between two rigs with exactly the same bone names (with the mocap addon enabled and both rigs selected) using the object panel.
  • Let me know if you want more detail.

Ian

Attachments

mocap.blend (8.76 MB)

see post #6

see post #6

see post #6

see post #6

I’m backing off on some of the scaling stuff I mentioned before…

go watch what this guy is doing…

here is some more guys who seem to know what they are doing with mocap and blender

Yeah. The link you provide above (rather than the embedded video) is the one I based my solution on. However, he ends up having to do a lot of manual tweaks. With my method, because you use a copy of the T-posed bvh armature to rig your character, the bone retargeting using the mocap add-on becomes a snap.

Gooood deal!

I’m glad that solved some of the problems for you…

I’m also amazed at how much I learn when I’m searching out the proper answers for others problems solving situations…