How to double-scaling by bones using transformation?

Hello,

I have a Cube and Armature in this structure:

Armature
|
|- Pose
|  |- BoneA
|  |- BoneB
|     |- Constraints
|        |- Transformation
|- Cube
   |- Modifiers
   |  |- Armature
   |     |- Armature
   |- Vertex Groups: BoneA; BoneB

Vertex group “BoneA” bound to left side of the Cube, “BoneB” bound to other sides. Transformation bound to BoneA, scale tabs selected, I tried a really lots of value-combinations - without success.

I want to scale Pose/BoneB as double as Pose/BoneA.
Then, scaling of the left side of the Cube should be 4 when BoneA is 2, 6 when BoneA is 3, but 1 when BoneA is 1, and 0 when BoneA is 0.

My question is: how should I do that? :confused:

Not sure, but I think you have to scale before you apply the constraints. Also make sure you’ve applied rotation and scale to the cube (Alt-A).

So - you have two conditions here; a scale ratio of 1:1 between 0 and 1 and a scale ratio of 1:2 over 1 up to whatever limit you put on it. Therefor you cannot do this with one constraint, you need two.

The first is added to boneB with boneA as the source and values 0 min and 1 max in the top boxes and 0 min and 1 max in the lower boxes. Do NOT check extrapolate checkbox.

The second in also on boneB with again boneA as the source and the values in the top boxes are 1 and 10 (for example if you don’t want to scale beyond a factor of 10) and 1 min and 20 max in the lower boxes, again do not check extrapolate checkbox.

When you scale boneA between 0 and 1 boneB will do the same, but when you scale beyond 1 boneB will scale twice as much.

Do NOT apply the constraints…

Cheers, Clock.

Wow, clockmender! It’s magic! (for me, at least :D) Thank you so much!

You’re welcome!

Cheer, Clock.