Mountain

Hi, my name is Alex.

I’ve been using Blender for a little over 8 years now, but I haven’t really done in anything in about a year. I’m a little rusty but this is what I came up with:

What can I do to improve this?

I personally feel like it’s just missing something. Like an extra detail or something, but I can’t really figure out what that may be.

All feedback is welcomed, and I encourage you to be as brutal as possible. Even if you find something tiny that doesn’t really matter, tell me.

Thanks in advance
-Alex

Looks awesome! My only real feedback is that everything reads really flat because it is so far away. I think adding something to the foreground would make it more dynamic. It could be anything from treetops or smaller mountain tops peaking up from the bottom, a larger mountain ridge line appearing on one of the bottom quarters, or maybe some clouds between the viewer and the mountain itself. Frankly, it could be some birds in the foreground. Any of these would help give it the depth that it needs in my opinion.

Here you go. I added a new mountain ledge in fron of the camera in an attempt to add some depth… What do you think?

I tried clouds, but I couldn’t get them to look right.

Maybe it’s missing a story, ambiance, a focus or some dynamic, unique, extra element - ie. lake, some more color (patches of different structures minerals) greenery, settlement, ruins, wreckage, waterfall of ice, glacier, avalanche, low clouds, fog, mist near sharp parts of the ridge - strong winds, crepuscular rays… group of mountaineers or other explorers on the close ledge, (could imply the great massive structure, minuteness of a being)… robots, penguins, whales… :wink:
I find an image too uniform & straight parallels distracting. Also ratio clouds to mountain feels off - as if mountain is small & quite near.

Nice work tho.

The mountain in the foreground helps, but I would personally add some kind of line of action, a specific place that draws the eye. Super great work though, the colors are incredible!

I’ll see what I can do…
Thanks

One thing is bothering me a lot. Those horizontal lines are unnatural in my opinion. Try getting rid of those i think it would ad more realism to it.