Blender Anime Style School Girl - WIP

Hello! This is a character I’m working on. I want to achieve a 2D anime style look. And make an animation with this character using mocap like MMD.

-Update 21/02/2017

You can follow the entire process in my blog.

Toon Shading Test 1 Blender internal NPR Line Set.
It has some lacks but it works. Any suggestion?
PDT: Sorry for my english!.

Looks good. The modeling here is excellent and really captures the anime style imo. I don’t really see many anime works here, so +1 for some diversity.

A couple suggestions I have would be to adjust the shoulders, they’re too horizontal. Angle them downwards slightly for a more natural look. The colors are too saturated and intense, tuning and playing around with the colors’ saturation and value would be a little easier on the eyes. One example of what I’m talking about would be to lower the green color’s saturation from about 8.5 to something more like .6 or .65 instead. The Freestyle lines are too uniform in thickness, adding a thickness modifier to the line style should bring out some variation so the lines don’t look mechanically drawn. Also, adding some wrinkles to the clothes would give them a more cloth-like feel, especially to the shirt.

Overall, it’s a good job you’ve done here, but there are a couple improvements you could do to make it great. Keep up the good work.

Thanks! yes shoulders I will fix that. Color is complex because also depends of the display setting, in my screen looks good but I will make some test. I will play with the freestyle and post updates.