My Room

I’m trying to make a photorealistic render of my bedroom. Through learning new techniques over the months I’ve managed to create a much more realistic scene. The lighting is vastly better and no longer needs the spotlights to be on to light up my room.

After watching a video by Andrew Price the other day, i started using the Filmic Colour management thing, and it helps so much! #filmic_blender

I got loads more to do, any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Samples: 1000
Time: 31m 24s (CPU)

This was the original one. Just by tweaking a few things i could produce a much more realistic render. I re-did all the materials to be PBR, changed the colour management, and tweaked lighting.

Progress Update:
Added a bedside cabinet.
Updated the lights.
Modeled the door instead of a texture.
Started work on the bed.
Textured the desk.

Progress Update 2:
Changed the camera angle slightly.
Finished the bed.
Added small window and door details

Samples: 2000
Time: 1h 28m (CPU)

I wasn’t sure what the desk was at first. I sugest adding an office chair thats not too big in front of the desk. You can also put some clutter on the desk to add to the realism. Otherwise great work.

Looking good! The desk looks a bit large, like it is taking up 1/4 of the scene. I looks good though!

you should try and optimize your render settings.
look at these:https://www.blenderguru.com/articles/4-easy-ways-to-speed-up-cycle

They should help. also try and use portals, they should help.
remember to reduce bounces.
:https://www.blenderguru.com/tutorials/using-portals-accelerate-render-times/

Looking good. Everything looks pretty solid. I’d like to see it be a tad brighter, but other than that, really good work :smiley:

Yeah I agree to be honest, my desk is quite big and the camera angle makes it look bigger! It is a 1:1 scale of my actual room though. But thanks for the feedback!

Thats the next step! All the furniture is in, now i just need to fill the emptiness! Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately my hardware is limited, as it turns out my CPU is actually faster than my GPU :confused:
I currently have a GT 730 and an i5 4690k overclocked to 4.6GHz. Hopefully for my birthday i will get a GTX 1060. The light bounces is at Max 8 and Min 3, i may reduce in further renders. I also use the auto-tile size plug-in, so the tile size is already optimised.
And i’m already using light portals, so like I dont know what else to do other than just upgrade my hardware…

Thanks for the advice though!!!

Next update I’l try it! Thanks!

Finally started work on some of the items… I had to take a break for some AS Mock exams.
This one was rendered at 500 samples and de-noised in photoshop.

Progress Update!!
More items and slightly tweaked lighting.

Added some under lighting for the bed, will do the same for the desk soon.