photogrammetry rendered in blender

First go, pretty pleased with result rendered in blender, need to find something more interesting for next go!

I put it on scetchfab with download option if anyone wants to play with it.

Nice stuff (especially in Blender)…could use some retopologizing for sure…:eyebrowlift2:

yes for sure :slight_smile: I might do the brick at some point that might come in useful one day! I just decimated it from 6 mil faces to ~700,000 and left it at that. Playing about with some of the woodland floor I shot as well, that looks to have come out nice also, I’m surprised how well it comes out!

cleaned this one up a little so no loose geometry etc not re-topologised tho :slight_smile:

Again, surprised how well it came out must be beginners luck!

managed to use substance designer and blender together to create a tileable texture from the ground scan with corresponding normal and displacement maps and diffuse map that was square not all in bits, obviously much lower quality but it is just a flat plane now after all with a bit of displacement. used substance to create materials to add water snow etc off the same texture which I’d not done before which was fun.

Scan from British museum, went on great photogrammetry course on wed run by Tom from Good, Form & Spectacle that was advertised on Blender Nation, got to play in British Museum as well, bonus!

First scan, next one will be better, took me a bit to get workflow going to get a better mesh but got there in the end, had to paint out shadows etc. as well and couldn’t see all of the mesh so had to fill in some of the gaps as was not going to be allowed to use a ladder I’m sure in the museum!

Lost some of the detail but it was 5,000,000 faces to start with used agisoft, did fist tidy up of mes in meshlab, then instant meshes to get it nicer, then blender to finish and fill in some of the detail that was missing and tidy mesh then substance designer to transfer texture to new UV and substance painter to paint out all the big shadows / flaws / add some roughness etc.

Should be quicker on the next one had quite a few false starts with little bits before I got a workflow that was consistent.

Averagely pleased with this one I learnt a lot, will be better for next :slight_smile:

Cool, would be cool in a material