MilkyRedux

[ Original Reply has been Edited ]

Wow, you have definitely made a lot of progress since the last time I saw you around. I can definitely see some anime inspiration with the big eyes and pupils, shape/silhouette of the jawline, and flat shading, but some western influences mixed in as well with the round nose and lips standing out a bit, simplified hairstyle, eyes taller than they are wide, and subtle blurred gradient shadows like on the ears and under the nose. I’m impressed. Keep up the good work and I’ll look forward to it.

However, there are a few adjustments that I believe that you could make to improve the character a little more. I took the time to create a side by side comparison with an alternate edit (original on the left, edit on the right) to show what I’m talking about.

Here you can see that I shrunk the entire head vertically and moved the ears as they were out of place. I moved the hairline downwards to draw less attention to the forehead and more to the face. I moved the nose upwards and the mouth upwards too, but only slightly compared to the nose, so that the face doesn’t feel stretched out. I also scaled down the eyes vertically, especially the pupils so they don’t take up the entire eye and allow for more expression. I added small highlights to the bottom of the pupils because they lacked detail and felt empty/blank, but it does gives the character more of an anime appearance. I edited the bottom of the neck so that it was more straight instead of wider at the base.

You need to tweak the hands more than slightly :wink: Look at your own hands, or photo references. The model’s fiinger bend inwards??! I see no knuckles, but that’s ok if you layed them in in the topo.

Also the shoulders and arm. The shoulder joints are too much outwards, the arm pit is too round. The humerus is shorter than the radius, they should be almost equal. You’ll find good references for the arm if you google boys in swimsuits.

I don’t know about anime, but normal people have nipples and belly buttons.

Head looks good, body and legs are ok but some little tweaks won’t harm them.

Will you show other angles and wire?