Rust generator

RUST GENERATOR.

I have updated the rust generator.I used the old version in a metals blend file as example of rusted copper.
I have added more parameters to give more versatility.
There are two versions of the nodegroup.
Rust generator1 with all parameters and Rust generator2 with just one parameter for Coverage (and not four) and the others are the same.
In this simplified version,you can plug your map (a texture) to define your rust area,with the grayscale,white and black that you prefer.
In this case, object must be uv mapped.

• Coverage: it defines the rust area. From 0 to 100.
    Note that even if the value is 100,this does not imply that the underlying surface is not visible.
    It depends on the other parameters as rust density and contrast.
    Coverage value just means that a certain area is affected by rust.

• Coverage scale: low values mean large areas,large values mean many small areas.

• Coverage detail: from 0 to 16.High values mean more details in rust areas.

• Coverage detail precision: values near 0 mean more precise details ,especially on the edges of rust areas.

The following parameters are valid inside the coverage area.

• Rust scale: this value defines the distribution of rust.Low values mean large areas,large values mean many small areas.Value 100 could be a good value.

• Rust detail: from 0 to 16.High values mean rust noise with more details.

• Rust density: the density of rust.Value 0 mean no rust.This value will modulate rust density scale and detail.

• Rust density scale: this value defines the distribution of the density as density map, low values mean large areas,large values mean many small areas .Values will be then affected by rust density parameters.

• Rust density detail: from 0 to 16.High values mean density noise with more details.

• Rust density contrast: this is a scaling factor.It increases the density when this is high,and decreases the density when this is low.

• Rust bump strength: this is the strength input of bump node for rust bump mapping.

• Base Bump: this is the normal input of bump node for rust bump mapping.
    If the surface is already bump mapped with a texture or image,this vector is the modified normal of the surface that will be the base for rust bump map.

These are new examples with copper:

The file is this:

Attachments

rust.zip (1.08 MB)

Hi

Looks great…Thank You…Puff Puff

Tai

I’ve been intrigued with you 1st rust generator and have been playing around with it extensively. Thanks for the new one which I’m looking forward to experimenting with.

I’ve included a render where I used you setup and added a “burnt metal” look from a motorbike exhaust header. Thanks again for the fun I’ve had with this.

Nice , what settings have you used for the chain material ?

Wow @mtd,your render of the chain is very realistic. Wonderful!