High-poly mesh problem

Hello Blenderheads. I have problem with high-poly meshes (about 220k faces). When in edit mode and I try to do some manipulation with vertices, edges or faces viewport gets laggy as hell. So I am wondering is it my PC or its just the nature of Blender.
My specs are:
CPU: FX6300;
RAM:8 GB;
GPU:GTX 1060 6GB;
I also run Blender from SSD

Cheers

Blender seems to be really good at memory management, but sometimes it acts like it needs to get things worked out in the background before it can get to speed. I notice that sometimes things are really slow at first, but then they pick up once I get working on what I’m doing. I’m running it on 2 gigs of memory on a much slower CPU than you have. I’ve been able to load meshes as big as yours, although they lag badly.

If you can’t get around the problem, try breaking the mesh down and storing parts on a different layer while working.

A problem with Blender mesh handling in edit mode regardless of system specs. It is frustrating, but hopefully they will get this straightened out soon.

Tnx for reply guys. Ive read that its about code that its dragging some time in Blender and they are redoing it for 2.8 version, so hopefully we can expect better performance in edit mode…