Camera Tracking - How to guide markers with Keyframes?

Hello friends,

For those times when Camera Tracking markers drift off, I usually simply disable the marker as soon as it starts to drift. Yet I’ve noticed you can drag the marker to its correct position, and a keyframe is created.

What I’m wondering is how you can tell Blender to utilize that adjustment keyframe to better correct itself.

Say for instance, frames 0-100 look good, 100-200 drift off until the tracker is horribly off. So maybe I go to frame 150, place the tracker at its correct position, creating a keyframe. How then would I tell blender “This is where the tracker should end up by frame 150, so please attempt to refine frames 101-149 using this new information” ?

??

The interpolation is in a graph, so Blender, as far as I understand it, will only do a direct line, I don’t think you can have “gaps” in the position of a marker in the graph editor. Someone correct if I am wrong there.

What I normally do is have 2 markers, one takes care of frames 0-100 and the other handles frames 150 onwards say.
Also, you do know you can manually massage the position of a marker frame by frame don’t you? It’s tedious, but sometimes, there is no other alternative as the software struggles to understand the video information. Like fast pans or shakes in the camera for example.
It’s amazing how big a difference this can make to hte final track.
Can I recommend, if you haven’t already, check out “Track, Match, Blend” videos on youtube, for me, the “Go To” videos on camera tracking.

Thank you for your advice!

No problem. :slight_smile: