Animated Sword Problem

I have my Sword on an armature bone and when I rotate the bone, the sword flexes instead of spinning around as a completely solid object. The weight paint is maxed for the whole sword, it should rotate as a solid piece.

What do I do to fix this? See pic:

I see no blend file supplied with your post.
This is the minimum you should supply for any support question !

Dont know why the need to weight paint a sword ?? normaly it would be a separate object that you parent to a bone in your rig then when you rotate yr hand the sword follows it. Child of constraint is also usefull ike Rchard said hard to tell what you are after ??

Can’t possibly answer this without more information and a blend file.

~ SOLVED, THE SOLUTION ~

Here’s the problem that I had with it.

So the sword wasn’t alone. It was isolated off to the side of my character and I presumed that because the sword was way off on its own that none of the character model’s armature bones would be assigned to it when I parented Automatic Weights.

I was wrong. When I parented Automatic Weights, the hip bone of my character randomly applied a tiny bit of weight to the sword, this tiny bit of weight was throwing off the total control that I wanted the sword-bone to have on the sword.

How to investigate and fix it:
You investigate this in Weight Paint mode and go down the list of bone vertex groups. If you see colors other than Blue, then a bone has an amount of influence on your model’s movement. The easiest way to strip control from bones that you don’t want to control an object is to then go into Edit Mode, select all of the affected area and then Remove those vertexes from that bone vertex group.