Dandelion Seeds

This is a render of a bunch of dandelion seeds floating around.

I worked from reference images for which I just searched online. I cannot find the specific one that I used.

One goal that I met was that I gained experience using hair properly in renders. Another goal, which I am still very far from, was to make something that would at least look a tiny bit like a photo. That said, the actual seed part at the bottoms of the things still looks off.

I do have a slight bump map going, but I’m having trouble with the transition between the seed and the stem node and modeling-wise. I chose to do this in grayscale because the colors that I was getting were not looking too good. I still need to do a lot more tutorials on realistic materials and just need more practice overall.

I have no idea what inspired me to specifically choose dandelions. The timeline was an afternoon. I’m still very new to blender.

If someone could help me with getting the seed-stem connection looking better, that would be great. I plan on improving this in the future, so any other criticism would also be useful.

Thank you in advance for any help you may give!

maybe this tutorial can help you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQHU_ykgiaU