viewport shading on object

hello, im going to teach a class hard surface modelling, but i will be using blender cause i wont be focusing on hotkeys.

however it is very strange to follow along with someone who uses a different program, so i thought id make it as simular as possible.

here is my request, can anyone make the viewport shading as simular to Cimema4D as you can, i cant seem to get it close enough.

What does this look like? Between your pic and looking at youtube videos I came up with this.

This was another one, either one close?

the shading of the 3d elements is going to be the least of anyones concern. the way i see it, teaching 3d across software is a very hard thing to do, and the colors arent going to do anything more then to confuse. the colors will all change when materials are added anyways.

what you are doing is changing the color of the lights, which is a bad idea. this will distort the viewport preview colors, making materials unpredictable and confusing. i cant stand the colored defaults that blender starts with.

neither of those works cause the rim is almost black. which will look horrible on a flat surface.

I kinda see what your talking about. I did noticed on some screenshots of cinema 4d the edges are shadowed a little. Not 100% on what your wanting.

i got a shader that i think works for now. thank you tho.