New objects not appearing

Hi everyone, I’m back on blender after a big break, and I struggle with a problem since then.

When I add a new object (a plane, a sphere, a camera or almost anything) it just doesn’t appear in the 3D view. I see it in the objects list (sphere.001 and so on), it’s not hidden or anything, but I don’t see it in the scene, or in the renders. The only objects I can see and manipulate are cubes (and lights), so I can go on with my project, but anything else I add it just not visible, including cameras, and I don’t see why. :confused:
When I create the object, I see the manipulator and 3D cursor which are set at the object place, and I can move or scale it, but the object itself is not visible. Also, for the sphere and cylinder, I see a black point at the center of the object, but that’s all.

I don’t know if it’s due to a bug or a wrong manipulation, but it’s very annoying. Did anyone had this issue before ? Thanks!

Ensure the 3d cursor is at the centre of the grid
Ensure you have not changed the viewport clip distances (properties panel)
Reset to factory settings (File / Load Factory Settings) and try adding objects
If problems persist supply a blend file that shows this behaviour

Thanks for the quick answer.

• I tried with the 3D cursor at several places, I know where the object should appear so it’s not this reason.
  • I have several objects that I can see in my scene, it’s not a distance issue neither.
  • Of course, I didn’t even think about creating a new scene… Reset to factory settings resolves the issue, but when I load my project, it’s back. So the problem is with my .blend, there it is : Arkane66.blend (717 KB)

Add a new sphere. See the Add UV Sphere dialogue in bottom of the left-hand “T”-panel?
For some reason the default size for new spheres is set to 0 in your file.

Oh you’re right, thanks IkariShinji… For all objects except the cube, the default size seems to be 0… Do you know how I can change this value ? I probably changed it involuntarily but I can’t find this option.

Here’s what I would try:

1. Start Blender. If I understood you correctly, your default Blender doesn’t show the issue.
  2. Open the defective file. BUT: In the Open File dialogue uncheck “Load UI”!
  3. Blender should have taken only the content, but not the UI settings from your file. See if everything works correctly.
  4. If it does: Save the file.

That should fix it.

It works indeed. Thanks!