BGE for offline rendering?

This may sound stupid having the great Cycles render, but there are some rapid development projects that need a fast render output. Most of the cases I output all the stuff to Unity3D and there setup everything for offline rendering and the quality is really good (there you have Adam demo). But I was wondering if BGE is able to handle this situation. Is it even able to do 360 equirectangular rendering (that’s because my latest project is a 360 video)?

BGE as all other engines is real-time render engine, so it will render your scene in real-time. However, setting up a good quality render with BGE is not a simple task - nodes,materials,textures,lights,shaders…shaders…and even more shaders and you may find it faster with Cycles at the end.
P.S. Adam project is made for 6 months from ~7-8 people, so it is anything but fast for setting up.

Well, when I say Adam is as top achievable quality, of course it had a lot of work behind. But for good previs videos it is fast to setup a scene. I’ve been able to render at 1-2fps scenes that would take more than a minute in Cycles. Just wondering if it is possible to do the same in bge and how.

Try this.
https://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?359562-NEW!!-(-Super-Blender-Galaxy-)-project-announcment-updates&p=3045501&highlight=#post3045501

made

Hi mziskandar, I’ll give it a shot. What about Armory3D? I didn’t know about it until recently but it looks promising.