Problem with mirrored arm in animation

Borg8.blend (4.5 MB)Walk cycle 4.blend (725 KB)

Hi all,

I’ve recently modified this ‘Borg’ character that is linked to a walk cycle animation. However, now his left arm has gone all weird. I’m suspecting its something to do with the roll/rotation of the upper arm bone (i duplicated the right arm and mirrored across) but i’m stuck now my efforts have failed to solve the issue. When i have attempted to invert the roll of the left arm bones (in relation to right arm) the arms are swinging in sync within the walk cycle file where they used to counter swing. In addition, the shift+ctrl+V option doesn’t appear to function when i have tried to re-pose the key frames. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Didn’t look at your file… 99% of the time there is a problem like this it’s because the bone roll angles are off. Been a bit since I rigged anything, but IIRC, the z-axis of the bones needs to point either forwards or backwards, and need to match from left to right. So if a character is standing in a T-pose, all the bones in the arms needs to be pointing either forwards or backwards.

If this doesn’t hep, I’ll look at the file.

Randy