Cycles Renderer

Hi,

I have started learning Blender few months back. I would like to know about the Pros and Cons about the Cycles Render engine.

Regards,

I don’t think anybody will invest the time to give you an satisfactory answer as this a very broad and already exhaustingly discussed topic. I’d suggest you throw this -> “cycles render vs blender internal” in a search engine of your choice or the forum search and enjoy hours of reading the myriad of info on this subject.

Regards,

Thanks. I was also thinking the same. Already going through it, but honestly I was looking for some specific pros like how good Cycle is for fur or hard surface and all.

Regards,

OK, that’s more specific. Since I’m in no way an expert in this matter I can only offer some guide line: In general Cycles is well suited for this usecases and right now there are happening exiting things development wise. (See the threads regarding Cycles hair motion blur and Disney Bsrdf) Biggest pro might be that there is active and rapid development. Downside is it isn’t in official builds yet. To really give pros and cons on the current state of Cycles you’d have to compare it to other engines. But that, on the other hand, would lead to just another opinion based softx vs softy war.