map ideas for the myst island

what do you guys think?

this island is all I have…
what do you guys think?
what do you guys think it needs?
a bridge? but what kind of bridge?
a stairs? but what kind of stairs?
or a door! but what kind? and hoe dose it open?
what puzzles do they need?

come one guys just this once I need ideas. :confused:

remember myst? a 1993 point and click game for windows 95 or something.
after playing it. I can make a game based on myst style mechanics. you see I want the island for snap shots of frames after frame for a game maker engine.
unity I haven’t mastered it at all. I need some time.

I circal down any location the place needs or something.

I came up with this lights off like hex puzzle. and I was trying to make a big row suppose to rotate.
but I think arry’s of game maker are continuously hard.
so I had to do this!

ill leave the plans up to you. right now I will be working.

I think its a center that was stupid, that wall will be a cave to ether the 2 of the paths. the paths will be a machinery will be rotated with a control panel or 3 of them.
this will be a ruin age.

this one cave you must have a gate that can barricade only one path to leave the others.

I think it is a great idea.
Some grass ,palm trees,vines and big stones
Night and day cycle.
needs tunnels in rock
Rain and wind
Stairs= Metal spiral staircase.
bridge=simple suspension bridge

ill take the grass, stones,

the botanic is for the portal tot the botanic age,

the gears around the desert must be for a ruin age,

we need to come up with an ocean age.

and the cave seems okay. just for an ever night time crystal age.

you know what? thatcavern reminds me of something…
I think its for a lace where one of the trapped gods lies dormant.
I tough its for a puzzle inside for a ruin age, I guess wrong.
ill replace it with a opening dome for a portal to a ruin age. or something like a puzzle or hint.

this will going to be an alter of the god of power. you know? sirrus and achnar the duo antagonists from myst. I think we can come up with a different story.

Maybe lord of the rings can give you some ideas.Read up on the description of the ork god.

I think I got it! Bahguro, god of wishes. and Raptura, god of control.

Here is a idea.
These gods could play board games that determine the fate of the universes.Each universe could be the time of another universe.Each time a god conquers another universe.It gains the power to become more creative.Boardum is what drives them to play the fate board games.One plays darkness which is actual evil and one plays light which is goodness.And they have minions that they have created to serve them.The minions are humanoid creatures like people and other humanoid monsters.

what if boredom drives them insane and become evil? the 2 last remaining gods played a part like Sirius and achinar.

and the stranger (which the gods called it the devil from hell) is mortal and a good guy in the game.

Whatever story you want to come up with.With the information i gave you. It is your choice your videogame.I would put skeletons that have been revealed via erosion on the island.That have silvers bracelets with jewels on them.And strange ancient staff weapons.And also treasure chests.And also ruins of some city.Those could be used in a puzzle.

if I could it will be a big map age for the myst styled island.

Let me see a picture of it when you do.

if you must know right now there was not enough space to ever make a city.

You have a playground but you do not know what to play?

You can do it very simple: let the player solve puzzles at each single location. No story no motivation beside solving the puzzles and a nice background

A bit more motivating: give the player some prizes when solving a puzzle. The ability to start the next one is such a prize. Show some animations or tell a small part of a story. It would also be nice when the player get told why he should solve the puzzles.

Is it that what you are looking for?

Puzzle idea
Find the stone tablet to decifer ancient language to find the key to chest.Things that can picked up are highlighted.You can put them in your inventory.

if i had one, tried the inventory… but I think I should hold on to that for now.

I used to make triangle rune puzzle for obelisk myst style game. (as a puzzle)

(P.S. sorry for a rudeness)…

you can rotate the runes for revealing a pass code or something.

You can go with that.Maybe you can make some puzzles that involve water.

maybe a Wight water scale puzzle in a water puzzle or something, or a bamboo puzzle for a botanic age.

The bamboo puzzle for a botanic age sounds good.The bamboo puzzle for a botanic age sounds good.When are going to start on it?

that’s a good idea bro. that’s a good idea bro. when I am ready while I sketch it out plans.

Make some of the puzzles be solvable only at night.

at night? you mean stars twinkle? or mushrooms glow in color order?