"Skywatch" - new live action short film from the director of "Sintel"

Hi everybody,
Colin Levy, who directed “Sintel”, has launched a Kickstarter for hin new short. The movie is called “Skywatch” and looks awesome. The VFX are done in Blender. There’s a trailer there and some VFX breakdowns. It’s worth taking a look!

A lot of the movie is done, but there’s still a lot of VFX work ahead.

You can see the trailer on Vimeo too:

Ten days remaining, and ~ 4200 $ are still needed to complete the project.

I can confirm that the trailer is awesome, please consider donating to help Colin Levy and his crew finish the whole thing :slight_smile:

Donated!

Movie looks original and fun, hope it reaches the goal!

I donated as well! The campaign is looking good, they’re only 2400 short now with 8 days to go. But it would be awesome if they reach 45k, their first stretch goal, and shoot the intended beginning as written in the script. I really believe it would make the whole thing even better.

The production value is really high and it’s going to be a great showcase of what is possible with blender/cycles. Colin Levy is a really talented director and a great guy too. If you plan to back only one project on Kickstarter - this is not a bad choice :slight_smile:

They made it! So it’s pretty much sure the movie will be finished.

Now keeping my fingers crossed for that stretch goal and shooting “cold open”. There is a chance :slight_smile:

There’s an update on the kickstarter that shows what scene they’re aiming to make for the opening.

Here’s a storyboard preview video:

There’s over forty hours left to pledge, so there’s still hope :slight_smile: