Dungeon environment assets

Hi there :wink:
I’m creating set of assets which I plan to use to build tiny dungeon scene in Unity. So far I created first asset - stone pillar. I really would like to know what do you tkink about it.
So here’s the model in Unity:

Texture types I’m using here: diffuse, normal, specularity, occusion. Model has 3348 tris.
Here’s the wireframe so you can see better what’s going on:

3000+ tris that’s not horrible but isn’t it too much? I wanted to add some gometry to emphesize beat up edges but I’m not sure if I did it the most effective way. What do you think?

Just pop out a few LOD with less and less detail,

I think you can go very low on the lowest level of detail.

OK Thank you for your advice it’s great solution to optimize assets so I’ll consider that.
Guys any other feedback means a lot for me so if it’s really horrible for you no worries just tell me that ;p

It looks very nice, but the texturing is perhaps too clean for a old dungeon, if that is what you’re building. It could use some mold, dirt, scratch marks, and mysterious stains.

Sure it makes sense old dungeon cannot be so clean. Then I will work a little bit more on textures.

maybe it could be made with a lower mesh count ?. that would speedup your game

Alright so there you have it. Your suggestion for making textures dirty was perfec solution for this.
I also noticed Unity uses specular map in a really weird way. It makes all white areas gray. That’s why it looked so clean before. I was very confused because in blender it looked more dirty. But it was too clean anyway so I added moss.

It does look much improved. Nice.

I didn’t create any other asset so far but I decided to design in Blender the scene. I think it was good decision because now I know what ecactly I have to create and I’m sure it all match together. Guys, let me know if it makes sense architecturally. I was using many references but maybe I missed something crucial seriously I’m not an architect :wink:
Here is the render of this scene. There’s no textures but remember it’s just a vison.

Additional Screenshots from Blender: