Geometry visible when rendering.

I am rendering this model with a texture. The geometry is showing, you can see it in the image i uploaded. Not sure whats causing it but i have been told that smooth shading is broken. Can anyone confirm this or not? Aditional information? Another reason for my isue?

I cant figure out how to link the blend file!

Did you check smooth shading in object mode or edit mode?
In edit mode, check for sharp edges. Also, check you haven’t accidentally applied split edges or rip (y). Try Ctrl+V and merge doubles, see if any points are removed.

If i have done any of the things you mentioned it would show in the history?

Anyway, if i merge doubles using ctrl v the model disappears. I removed doubles, 10 verts was removed but it didnt help.
When you say split edges are you talking about the edge split modifier?
Dont think i have used rip.

Try uploading the blend file, you should be able to do it replying in advanced mode, choose attachements then select your blend file and click upload. Hard to figure out without checking the actual file.

I wont upload the file as i believe i have sorted it out. I had inserted the image texture node into the normal output of the shader, in this case two shaders as i was using glossy and difuse. I dont know for sure but after inserting it into the color output of the difuse shader, i dont have the isue anymore.
I dont know the node system very well so o cant say for sure that it was causing the isue but maybe you know?

green only goes into green ALWAYS. purple goes into purple almost always. yellow can go into gray, or vise versa.

to get a bump map effect, you need a bump map node, i think they live in the converter tab?