Blender Game to smaller exes, no bge player etc

Is it possible once BGE is cooked/ compiled,made into other forms, like normal exes with smaller library sizes and etc?

I know that blender game engine have always been a good prototyping, but how do they bridge into other consoles or pcs?

the blender player IS the game engine. its just like asking “hey! can i run my UE4 game without Unreal Engine to make it smaller?”. currently the BGE is for computers only.

im sorry if i misunderstood your question.

You don’t need to export your game as exe to run on other computers without having blender. In fact it is bad practice.
Instead you should start .blend files separately with a custom .exe or a .bat file.

Well, i need to have expoted without the .blend file.

When people said blender is “good for game prototyping” What do they mean then?
Since blender doesn’t translate well anyway to another formats other than BGE.

Do you then rebuild a new game from scratch by using other engine with the exported blender game?

Hello.
To slim it down, you have to make your own player, eg: single 3d file format, single image/video/audio/font/etc file support and an addon to export the blend to your own file format that can suit your player especially when you are developing for mobile.

oh, your in the bge just for the realtime shaders… so your not making a game in the bge? just models to be exported? if thats the case, then research the workflow to import blender models to the engine you are using.

Do you then rebuild a new game from scratch by using other engine with the exported blender game?

It is pretty simple, If you want to create PS4/XBOX/Android/ game you don’t use BGE at all.
For that, you use only Blender as modelling program.

I guess that’s nailing blender as the prototype engine only…
So unfortunate, since blender has so much potential…

Thank you for the answers!

Best luck to you all.

I guess that’s nailing blender as the prototype engine only…

Check my 3 BGE games on Steam :wink:

That is because these people are prototypes by themselves.

BGE is no format, it is a game engine. It directly reads .blend files. (There are other game engines that can read blend files too).

The relation between Blender (the 3D modeller) and the BGE is that the BGE is included and embedded in Blender. The development pipeline is much shorter than with most external game engines.

You request is in that way irritating as it sounds like “I want to drive along this road, without using a car”. Typically we are sitting in our cars and scratch out neck trying to get what you are talking about.

You do not need Blender to run your game. You need the BGE = blenderplayer to run your game. (As stated earlier the blenderplayer is the game engine).

Your game description is the blend file. The blender player + the blend file = your game application.

It is pretty much the same on all game engines.

Your influence is the game description (100% yours) and the choice of the game engine. The game engine will not change unless your customize it, which is only possible when you get an according licence. (Typically this is nothing you want to do as you want to create a game.)

I guess this is the core of your question. The answer is … the BGE supports WinOS, MacOS, Linux as application.

When you need another target platform you indeed need to chose a different game engine. There is nothing wrong on such a decision.

Doesn’t Linux use a specific type of file?
so basically similar to an exe file…

Fred/K.S

Yes, it does. As all OS require applications build for this specific platform.

You can use the blenderplayer that comes with the Linux version of Blender to run your blend file (the blend file is platform independent).

You can create your game as application with the Linux version of Blender. [The blend file gets linked to the blenderplayer forming a new application]

As far as I remember there is an add-on that allows to create application files for all platforms regardless on what platform Blender is currently running (e.g. you can create Linux application with Windows Blender while running on Windows).