Origin to Bounding Box

Hi,

I’m currently looking for a command in Blender, that would set the origin of one or multiple objects to a position based on the object’s respective Bounding Boxes, center of the bottom face, for example.
Is there a command like that?
Thanks in advance.
Ivan

Hi Ivan,

if you want to set the origin of the object to some of it’s face, you need to go to the edit mode of the object. In the edit mode select the face that you want for origin and press SHIFT + S and in the option panel that pops up select cursor to selected. Now go to object mode and in the tools panel(press T on the keyboard to open it if it’s closed) make the origin to be “Origin to cursor”.

This will place the origin of the selected object to be at the cursor, in this case the face of the object that you’ve selected in the edit mode.

You would do the same thing if you wanted to make origin on the specific vertex or edge of the object.

As far as I know you’ll have to do this for every object individually. For ex. you’ve got two boxes and you want to make the top face of the first object to be the origin of both boxes. You’d place the cursor at that face and then in object mode in the tool panel you’d set the origin to the cursor for both boxes. I don’t know if it’s possible to change the origin of multiple objects at once.

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

hey, check this out. should be excellent for your need! i was having the same issue with Blender, very frustrating to work with the origin/axis so i made this addon myself
hope it helps

Try not to Necro a topic…Raise it from the Dead…as this topic was created 7 years ago…if you want to share your information, you can start a new topic and use this old thread as a reference…that way more people might see it.

Thanks
Happy Blending!