Bedroom (filmic version)

Hi all. This is another test scene, trying to adopt my work-flow to filmic_blender.

Thanx once again to troy_s for all the knowledge. Every image rendered twice with 2048 samples (different seed) and then combined together. About 1h15min/per frame, which means 2,5h per image in a GTX 970.

Tone adjustments and a little post in Natron and Darktable. I’m also going to give the same scene (probably with different lighting) a test with the old colour management and all the “nasty” hacks for speed optimization testing reasons.

Special thanx to Dimitri for the paintings.

2 Likes

IMPRESSIVE!!! If I saw that in like a magazine for modern fashion in houses or something weird like that I would have totally thought this was real! Great work! I’ve had Filmic Blender for the last three versions or so now but I’m not good enough to really notice a difference yet… :slight_smile:

Wow! Feels so good in this house. Just I’m here. Like it than previous project because Black & White opposite. Note: what do you think if you render it in Yafaray?:)Of course, Filmic hasn’t supported properly in Yafaray, but just for testing purposes. :wink:

Looks very good!

Nice job, it really looks very realistic.

By the way…

It is the first time i hear about this.Why do you render the same image twice? And how do you combine them later (by a mix color node?)?

what do you think if you render it in Yafaray?

I’m not planning to do it in the near feature, but I’m gonna try it sometime.

do you render the same image twice? And how do you combine them later (by a mix color node?)?

Basically you render the image twice with different seeds, so you have two images with different noise pattern and when you mix them (in my case of two images with 50%) you get rid of a lot of noise. You can always render 3-4 or mores different images and mix them accordingly.

I have found it works as expected, despite the error message.

Something going wrong. Especially a few strange colors: too contrasted or too much gamma. Maybe I must change some settings. Will go it soon.

Great images! What about lightning? Thanks

The image is as simple as it could be. One area light outside the window on the right. (Real light no portal) Another big area light dimmed down used as fill light just behind the camera.

Thanks for the useful information

Impressive work!
But I think your floor texture and the wood under the bed could use some bump mapping, they look a bit flat in the second image.

Impressive indeed ! Having tried to make a bedroom before i know how hard it is, specially for the bed, it was a nightmare for me and you nailed it ! Awesome.

… Photoshop

just wondering how you lit the scene

I just imported both images in Blenders Compositor and mixed by 50%.

I guess you could do it in other software like Natron or GIMP.

A good reading here

@marckiener

just wondering how you lit the scene

Two area lights…one outside the window (Portal not checked) and another one used as fill light, behind the camera.

I must mention that both those answers are already mentioned a coupled posts above…
I guess you didn’t read them…:eyebrowlift:

Great image + Greek dude = Awesome!!!
Μπράβο! Love it. Really looks like a photo!

Ευχαριστώ!
Thanx for the comment!

It’s always good to see more greek guys hanging around in blender forums.:eyebrowlift:

impressive! it really looks like there are people living there (and not like a boring home staging thing). i bet they have one of those minimalist home cinema setups in their living room where they watch artsy movies with their friends while eating organic snacks :smiley: to be honest, now i’m curious about what the rest of the house/apartment looks like…
by the way, the angle of the second image is a bit unfortunate because it looks as if there’s no shadow/ambient occlusion between the floor and the pallet bed (it looks fine in the other two pics though).

Holy Majoly! This is awesome buddy! Love the mood of this render. Tones are fantastic! Splendid render man, really is amazing.