Egyptian Crypt

Hi!
So i’m very new to Blender and i’m still learning the basics.

This is my first solo project, without a guide or references, ‘Egyptian Crypt’.
I’d like to hear your opinion.

I wanted to insert a sun glare over the big pyramid but i couldn’t get it done…
I know how to add sun glare and beams in compositing when the sun is actually in the sky but i struggled adding the glare without a seen object.

your notes would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Moved from “Focused Critique” to “Works in Progress” at OP request.

Looks good. I am also new to blender and especially the compositing so I wouldn’t be of any help but this looks good as is but the floor seems a little off just not sure what it is

Hey Mate!
Your picture has no real focus point. I would readjust the camera angle and let it look out the right side of the crypt so that the pyramids are on the right side (it feels more natural and positive otherwise it will get a more opressive feel). The rule of thirds and the golden ratio is a good help at finding a camera view.
It seems you use a bump map for displacement, thats why it seems pixelated. I would scale down the texture. I dont have a reference right now, but the dark ground feels off, i think a yellow-orange stone would fit better.

I think your dawn setting works quite well, a big sun over the pyramids would work great as well i bet :smiley: (and then you would have trouble with your sun glare anymore :D)

i am looking forward to see more mate :smiley: