Should I buy one of these GTX1060s for AUD $375 ?

I have to be dead careful with money but my 750ti is straining to keep up with me.
Would one of these be a wise purchase ?

Ive been very happy with MSI in the past but ive heard that the Asus Srix is their high end cards.

$375 after 20% discount.

$375 after 20% discount.

Sorry if this is in the wrong tread. I couldnt find a Hardware section.

what version of blender do you use? 2.78a got alot of gtx 1000 series cuda optimizations.

I just use the latest. Im not locked in by a project or anything.

They’re all pretty much going to run the same, assuming your not overclocking to extreme levels.

However, the before discount price seems way to expensive; what about the more traditional AU sellers?
Which state do you live in?

PCCG have https://www.pccasegear.com/products/36437/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1060-windforce-oc-6gb for $379, and I would assume better warranty than through an eBay store.

Have you checked mwave, cpl, umart, PCCG, msy?

yeah i did check the others normal stores. they were selling the 3 gig ones for the price of the 6gig on ebay.

I decided on the MSI one and have ordered it. Im not 100% comfortable with ebay buys with this amount of money but its brand new from a shop.

I just got an MSI 1060 6GB. It’s not overclocked, but coming from a 750, it will be like night and day. I had a 680, which is a pretty powerful card, but the 1060 is more than 30% faster… and being able to run the 680 for display, and the 1060 for rendering makes blender WAY snappy.

Good luck! You’re gonna love it! :yes:

Jay

Enjoy. Started using the gtx1060 in late August and haven’t even come close to maxing it out in a practical sense.
Feels infinite and sure is fast compared to my old gtx550Ti…