Why does blender always crash under Windows 10 Pro x64?

Hello I am really mad to stupid crashing from Blender - I already installed fresh why does blender always happen if I go back Blender than Blender frezees always and stopps I can not go back my working models.

How do I go back my working model?

I worry my working model looses again???

I am using Blender 2.78a/b

And my display card is AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB Videoram and software already updated…

// EDIT: Found from temp directory yeah I found it

And How do I convert curve into mesh?

And my display card is AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB Videoram and software already updated…

welcome to new generation cards, i use a rx 470 had the same problem, it is driver related. complain at amd to fix the issue, they did for me.

a simple solution is not to alt+tab out of blender and it wont crash.
save often is all you can do at this point.

Alt+C > Mesh from Curve/Meta/Surf/Text

I have an AMD Radeon RX460 and yeah, I have the same problem :frowning:

nvm (delete)

Hello guys thanks - I am surprised you have my same display card wow - Yeah because Display card is very stronger than NVidia since December 2016 and RX 480 is very good and it has support VulkanGL 1.1.x and OpenGL 4.5/ 4.6

And thanks I found Alt-C Convert top mesh back! Thanks!

I am still learning with Blender :slight_smile:

Caution If you download Blender 2.78b
( Bug if you’re using edit mode with 3D cursor than you excute than rotate but it loos wrong )
Please use Blender “2.78c” because it is current fixed version.

I am really happy because I have learned about Blender 2.7 Tutorial #b3d from youtube

Same here, W10 LTSB x64 and Blender 2.78c dies when minimized, this was already issue in last year and continues to be.

Guys its driver related, as of last amd driver my crashes are back as well, when minimizing or having blender on the background, or when you have more then 1 version open second version almost instantly crashes now.

Is it not widespread problem? still newest AMD driver and when minimizing 2.78c window is white and status is not responding.

Is it not widespread problem?

thinking about driver issue or a blender problem, because we are a few drivers ahead now and once a while it still crashes.
only thing i know is with my last card (hd7850) i had no problems at all with latest driver.

I used to have a lot of crashes until I went nvidia…I always liked ati/amd…but I need my stability more than a brand name.

Maybe 2.8 is free of that bug as i understand AMD is involved with 2.8 somehow too?

Looks like current workaround is not to use Automatic window draw method.

well I do not believe it is a blender bug, but an amd bug.